Through our school district, PAUSD or Palo Alto Unified School District, students at all elementary schools in Kindergarten, 2nd and 5th grade participate in Vision and Hearing screenings.
We need parents to chaperone or escort students from their classrooms to the screening and back.
HEARING Screening: We usually recruit 3 parents to chaperone for each shift. (See calendar for date.)
VISION Screening: We usually recruit 3 parents to chaperone for each shift. (See calendar for date.)
Each year, Duveneck brings in a professional photographer to take photos of each of the students and of the staff. Class photos are also taken on these days.
We need parents to chaperone or escort students from their classrooms to the photographer and back. This is a wonderful opportunity for those who enjoy seeing their children and their peers at school during the school day. We usually recruit 2 parents to chaperone for each shift over two days. (See calendar for dates)
IN THE CLASSROOM AND COMMUNITY
There are many opportunities for you to participate with your child/ren at Duveneck Elementary. For more information and to sign up, please reach out to your class’s Room Parents, your teacher, or the PTA.
COMMUNITY BUILDING. Be the glue that holds our community together. If you enjoy meeting new people, making connections, and building a community — one of these roles may be right for you:
- CLASSROOM PARENTS. Volunteer to be one of 2 Classroom Parents in each classroom. Build a warm, welcoming and inclusive community within your child’s classroom. This is a wonderful opportunity to be close to your child and to support his/her teacher.
- GRADE SOCIALS. Join a group of parents in your child’s grade to host social events for teachers, parents and students. These events are opportunities for families and teachers/aides of the same grade to meet and to have fun together!
IN THE CLASSROOM. There will be really fun times in our kids’ classrooms! On occasion, teachers may ask parents to volunteer to support the class. There are many opportunities — most are scheduled ahead of time so you can find the right time that works for you. Besides those listed below, there are also Field Trips and other special events.
- LIBRARY PARENT. Join a group of parents who take turns to support the class during their Library time. 2-3 parents per class.
- SCIENCE. Teacher will provide details.
- CLASS PARTIES. 2-3 parents per event.
FOR OUR SCHOOL. We organize a number of programs to support and enhance our Duveneck Community. Find one that matches your interests and calendar and join in! Here are just a few:
- BAGEL THURSDAYS. Join our longstanding tradition of “selling” bagels to our students every Thursday morning. This is a great opportunity to meet other parents and see your children and their peers in action at recess.
- SAFETY REP AND VOLUNTEERS. Twice a year, we host a Walk and Roll Week. Welcome students and their families as they walk and roll their way to school!
- FRIDAY TREATS. Each Friday, our classrooms take turns providing a yummy spread for our Duveneck Staff in honor of our Classroom Teacher and Aide(s).
- YEARBOOK. Join our team of parents taking photos throughout the school year to create our annual Yearbook.
Want to be more involved? Read on…