- Nominate an Outgoing 5th Grade Parent for an Honorary Service Award – Due THIS Friday, May 13th! Know a parent (or a few) who’s perfect for this award? It only takes a minute to send in your nominations. We want to be sure to celebrate all those who put their time and energy – and hearts – into our school and community. Please submit your nominations here by THIS Friday, May 13th.
- Have You Signed Up for the Talent Show Yet? Friday, May 20, 5-8 pm Whatever your child likes to do – sing, dance, do gymnastics, magic tricks, juggling, reciting a poem… anything! – they are welcome to participate! Sign Up for your Child to Perform Here!
- Volunteers Needed for Duveneck’s Field Day on Friday, May 27! If you’ve never experienced a Field Day – it’s a wonderful way to spend time with the students and see what a fun time they have at school. Please take a look at the sign-up sheet below and volunteer if you can. Field Day Volunteer Sheet
- Thanks to our Just Parties Hosts! We have a few spaces left for our Bollywood and Dodgeball parties– the last of the season. Sign up now via the Just Parties Spreadsheet.
- Bring Flowers Tomorrow (Monday) for Staff Appreciation Week (May 2-6)! Monday, May 2nd (Tomorrow): Bring flowers to teachers and staff! Vases will be provided. Thursday, May 5th: Bring cards or notes to teachers and staff! Check out our flier!
- The Jungle Book performances are THIS Week (May 5, 6 and 7)! Thursday, May 5th at 4:30 pm: Purchase tickets; Friday, May 6th at 6:30 pm: Purchase tickets; Saturday, May 7th at 2 pm: Purchase tickets
- Let’s See Your Talent! Duveneck’s Talent Show is May 20th! Sign Up for your Child to Perform Here!
- Yearbook Orders are due TODAY (May 1)! Order at www.betteryearbook.com/online-pre-orders/
- Principal’s Coffee: Tuesday, April 26 at 8:30 am – Now in person, ON CAMPUS! Everyone is invited to join Principal Crane in the Duveneck yard for coffee and discussion of topics pertaining to Duveneck.
- Get Your Tickets for The Jungle Book! May 5, 6 and 7 Don’t miss out! Tickets are on sale for Duveneck’s own production of The Jungle Book. To purchase tickets, click on the links: Thursday, May 5th at 4:30 pm: Purchase tickets; Friday, May 6th at 6:30 pm: Purchase tickets; Saturday, May 7th at 2 pm: Purchase tickets
- LAST CHANCE! Yearbook Orders are Due May 1st! Yearbook orders are due May 1st – don’t wait until the last minute, as prices go up after the pre-order deadline! www.betteryearbook.com/online-pre-orders/
- Submit Your Nominations for Honorary Service Awards! It only takes a minute to send in your nominations for this year’s Honorary Service Awards honoring the 5th grade parents who are “graduating out” of Duveneck this June. We want to be sure to celebrate all those who put their time and energy – and hearts – into our school and community. Please submit your nominations here by Friday, May 13th.
Staff Appreciation Week is May 2-6 and now, more than ever, is the time to show our love and gratitude to the teachers and staff of this wonderful school. Our theme is “Tiki-Rific” and we’re looking forward to saying “Mahalo!” to all our staff with some fun events and gifts. We have lots of ways to get the whole family involved!
- Volunteer! Please find the 2022 SAW Volunteer Spreadsheet here to view all the events/tasks we need help with throughout the week and sign up! We especially need help with the staff luncheon on Wednesday, May 4th!
- Bring in a token of your appreciation for teachers and staff. On Monday, May 2nd, thank teachers and staff for helping us bloom by bringing in flowers! And on Thursday, May 5th, let’s shower teachers and staff with notes and cards!
- Add a cut-out to our posters. Coming soon, you’ll see posters around the Duveneck campus thanking the staff for their hard work. Please feel free to grab a paper cut-out (from envelopes near the posters or in the front office) and add your name and a small note to one (or more!) of the posters to show your appreciation.
- Donate to our gift card fund. You can donate by going to the “Staff Appreciation Week Gift Card Donation” in our online store. Deadline is April 28th.
Pick as many options as you like! It’s totally up to you!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your help and support!
- Time is Running Out! Order Your Yearbook Today! Orders are due May 1st – don’t wait until the last minute, as prices go up after the pre-order deadline! http://www.betteryearbook.com/online-pre-orders/
- Kitchen Spring Cleaning: Claim Your Lost Items Thurs. and Fri., April 21 Attention anyone who has supported Friday Treats in the last several years… It’s time for a Staff Kitchen Spring Clean! The kitchen is filled with serving trays and bowls left over from years of your generosity. Please swing by the table near the office on Thursday and Friday this week to pick up any dishes you may have left behind. Everything that is not picked up by Friday afternoon will be donated.
- Save the Date for the Duveneck Talent Show! Friday, May 20, 5-8 pm Duveneck’s long awaited annual Talent Show is back! Not seen since May of 2019, the tradition finally continues. We can’t wait to see the expression of all and any talent our students have. This is an event not to be missed. It’s not until May 20th, so there’s plenty of time to plan and prepare. All students are warmly encouraged to participate! Sign-ups are here: Duveneck Talent Show 2022!
- Reminder to Lock Up Bikes on Campus Now that campus is opening up, it’s important for kids and parents to remember to lock bikes to the racks while at school. There has been a big increase in unlocked bikes this year compared to before the pandemic. While thefts are rare, they do sometimes happen on elementary campuses.