- REMINDER: You’re Invited! PTA General Association Meeting with Linda Lyons Executive Director from Partners in Education (PiE): Tuesday, March 28 at 7pm in the Library Classroom
- Duveneck’s Got Talent! Sign Up for your Child to Perform Here before Wednesday, April 26th.
- Lost and Found Clean Out Coming Soon Take a look at a few pictures here. All items will be donated to charity on Friday, March 31st, so please come by the main office to take a look.
- Thanks for a Great Book Fair! Thanks to your participation, the total sales were $12,777 and we raised $2,905 for our PTA. We also collected $647 in donations for scholarship and book purchases for our teachers.
THIS WEEK AT DUVENECK – 3-12-23
- No School this Monday, March 13 We hope you’re enjoying the 4-day weekend! See you back at school on Tuesday, March 14th.
- Get Ready to Read! Our School’s Book Fair is THIS WEEK! Get ready as the Book Fair is coming to Duveneck right after the four-day weekend and will run from March 14-17. The success of our book fair depends on the support of volunteers. There are still many volunteer openings during lunch, after school, and on Family Night, so if you can come to help out that would be very much appreciated. If you can find the time then please sign up here.
- Math Night – Pi Day Edition Pi Day Math Night will be held in Room 23 at Duveneck on March 17 from 4:30-6:00pm. We’ll have fun-filled activities for all grades from K thru 5 and, of course, we’ll have pizza and pie for the kids! We hope to see you there! Please sign up here.
- Yearbook Orders are Due Soon Last day to order is April 15th – don’t wait until the last minute, as there will only be a limited quantity of yearbooks available after the deadline! www.betteryearbook.com/online-pre-orders/
- Virtual Duveneck/Greene Parents Panel – Monday, March 20, 7-8:30pm Come hear from Duveneck parents who recently moved from Duveneck to Greene. Bring your questions and concerns, and hear how other families have handled the transition. This event will be on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81252127866?pwd=N0pzZWtjQW8zY01iTDBvM0k1UzZvUT09
THIS WEEK AT DUVENECK – 3-5-23
- No School This Friday, March 10 and Monday, March 13 – PAUSD schools are closed this Friday, March 10, and Monday, March 13 for Staff Development days. Stay safe, and enjoy the 4-day weekend!
- Principal Crane’s March Newsletter Please take a few minutes to read Principal Crane’s newsletter. It’s a great way to stay informed about school events and important updates.
- Ring in Spring with These Amazing Just Parties You can see the Summary of all the Just Parties! for further details.
- After School Class Free Trial Lando Engineering and Design Thinking – FREE TRIAL Registration Link for Trial Class
- We Need Your Help to Make the Book Fair a Success! We know you’ll enjoy the excitement the Book Fair brings to our community, so come be part of it! Please consider signing up here for your student’s allotted class time slot and/or for our busiest time, lunch hour.
- Bagel Volunteers Please check out the schedule here if you can help out and want to join in the fun.
SAVE THE DATE: Duveneck Book Fair is March 14-17
Come one, come all to our annual school book fair!
Our book fair is the perfect opportunity to spark a love of reading in your child or to expand their own personal library. Not only will you be able to find great books, but you’ll also be supporting our school. A huge 25% of the proceeds from the book fair will go towards funding important programs and activities for our students.
Parent volunteers are needed for set-up on Thursday, March 9, closing activities on Friday, March 17 and during shopping hours to manage the flow of the checkout line, restock books and help kids to find particular books. Please consider signing up for a few slots here.
Book Fair Hours:
Tues 3/14: 10am – 3:10pm, 6-8pm (FAMILY NIGHT, All are welcome and Doree Tschudy will do a reading)
Wed, 3/15: 7:45am – 2:15pm
Thur, 3/16: 7:45am – 3:10pm
Fri, 3/17: 7:45am – 3:10pm
Note: students can shop during school hours like lunchtime and classroom visit time, parents may shop before drop-off and after pick-up.
Students can bring cash from home or parents can log into their Scholastic account and set up a Scholastic eWallet.
Please also consider helping fund the book scholarship and teachers’ classroom libraries. You can donate for scholarships and teachers here. (We used “12th Grade” to show this is a special eWallet for our school.)
To apply for a book scholarship, please contact Beth in the front office for more information at email@example.com.
Questions? Please reach out to us:
Angela Lu: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashley Cupples-Lee: email@example.com
C.C. Huang: firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS WEEK AT DUVENECK – 2-26-23
- Don’t Miss The Science Fair Registration Deadline on Monday, February 27 Don’t miss the deadline for registering your child for the Science Fair! Registration is due Monday, February 27th (tomorrow!) and the form can be found here. Have questions or want more info? Please join our Parent Information Session, also on Monday, February 27th, from 6:30-7 pm on Zoom. Find the link here.
- Join Us THIS Saturday (3/4) for the Black History Month Celebration Bike Ride Find out more about Palo Alto’s and East Palo Alto’s vibrant Black community by joining the Black History Month Celebration Bike Ride this Saturday, March 4th from 10 am-12pm. For more information, please visit our website here or reach out to Linda at Linda@brail.org. Let’s pedal and learn together!
- There’s Still Time to Join the PTA Board There’s still time to join the PTA Board for 2023-2024! We’re still looking to fill these roles: Treasurer for Just Parties, Historian, and a third VP for Parent and Student Programs. Click here for an overview of these Board positions. Email email@example.com.
- Students LOVE Bagel Thursdays and look forward to it every week, but we need at least five adult volunteers to help the event run smoothly. Please consider volunteering here for future Bagel Thursdays.