- Picture Day Is This Wed., Sept. 22 Reminder: Individual student photos will be taken with Covid-safe protocols during the school day this Wednesday, September 22nd. Every student will have their photograph taken by professional photographers from Dorian Studio. Parents can order photographs online before and up to four days after picture day.
- Duveneck Food Drive: Bring Your Donations This Week! Please bring in cans of soups, beans, vegetables, and meat, as well as packages of dried pasta, beans, and rice ALL THIS WEEK! Each classroom will be setting its own goal and collecting non-perishable foods for us to donate to the Palo Alto Food Closet. Students should bring their donations directly to their classrooms.
- Duveneck Around the World Adventure Awaits! Save the date! It’s all happening Saturday, October 16th from 4:30 to 6:30 pm. We are celebrating our diverse cultures with 15 houses hosting on their front lawns, representing 15 different countries. Sign up to either bring a meal, decorate a station, or prepare a performance here: International Potluck Sign-ups.
Who should be taking these COVID tests and why?
The weekly testing is to identify cases in students who do not show symptoms, and to learn how much COVID exists in our community (a.k.a. surveillance testing). Therefore these tests are only for asymptomatic students and staff. If your child is exhibiting any COVID-related symptoms during school hours they will be supervised in a separate area until parents arrive to pick them up. A separate PCR test will be provided by the school site for you to give them at home.
When do these COVID tests occur?
Tests are conducted every Tuesday at Duveneck. The school will send out an email reminder with registration form links every week for those who wish to have their child(ren) participate in the on-site COVID testing.
What is the new process for signing up my child for weekly COVID tests?
Signing up for the COVID tests is a two-step process.
STEP 1: REGISTRATION. Parents/Guardians must first register their child using the ONLINE Duveneck Precidine Registration Form. This form need only be filled out ONCE for each child at Duveneck. Note that last week a link to a registration for Fairmeadow Elementary was mistakenly sent out — please be sure your child is enrolled using this Duveneck-specific link.
STEP 2: GOOGLE FORM. Once your child is registered, Parents/Guardians will need to complete a Weekly Google Form for EACH Duveneck child in your household who you wish to be tested that week. The form must be completed prior to the test date. If you do not complete the weekly Google form, your child will not be tested that week. If you would like your child to be tested every week ongoing, you can fill out this Google form just once, choosing the option “Yes, I want weekly testing.” The form will then be in effect for all weeks going forward. If you want to choose week by week, one week at a time, you have to fill out the form every week you want a test and say “no, I don’t want weekly testing.”
What does my child need to do?
Parent volunteers will gather children to be tested from each classroom, and escort them to the MP room for a cheek swab. Please be sure your child knows both their first and last names, so technicians can locate their records in their system efficiently.
Can I help?
Yes please! Sign up here for a volunteer slot to help escort students through the process.
Please contact the Duveneck office if you have any questions, Beth Hedge, Secretary, (650) 322-5946 or email@example.com.
- Duveneck Food Drive: Sept. 20-24 It’s time to start collecting canned food for our annual Working Wonders (WOW) food drive, which starts Monday, September 20th. Please set aside your canned soups, beans, meat, pasta, etc. to bring to school the week of September 20-24.
- Principal’s Coffee: Tues., Sept. 14 at 8:30 am Join us on Zoom.
- Save the Date and Sign Up Now: International (Progressive) Potluck is on! Sat., Oct. 16, 4:30-6:30 pm Calling all families! Everyone is invited! Sign up now and help create an amazing “Around the World” Neighborhood Adventure here: Progessive Around the World Sign Up
- Parent Volunteers Needed on Campus! Covid Testing: Tuesdays 8:30 am-12 noon (please sign up here) and Picture Day: Wed., Sept. 22nd, 8 am-1:00 pm (please sign up here).
- No School Mon., Sept. 6 Enjoy the long weekend!
- Principal’s Coffee: Tues., Sept. 7 at 8:30 am Join us on Zoom.
- After-School Classes at Duveneck: Registration Still Open
- Please Check the Lost and Found Cart located outside across from the main office, to see if your missing item is there. All items left at the end of September will be donated to the Ecumenical Hunger Program.
- Double Your PiE Donation – Now through September 7 Between now and Sept 7, gifts and pledges will be matched by a $350,000 Back-To-School Challenge Grant. Donate today!
Duveneck PTA is looking for volunteers to help with the Lost and Found. No experience necessary! A great opportunity to get involved. The job will include:
- Monitoring the Lost and Found cart
- Creating a monthly schedule for the cart to be cleaned out
- Adding clean-out dates to the Duveneck PTA calendar (via Chris Colohan, PTA President)
- On the clean-out days, the cart items will need to be sorted (food items will need to be thrown out) and bagged up by the volunteer(s) in bags provided by the school; and the volunteer will arrange to deliver/donate these bags to Ecumenical Hunger Program in East Palo Alto.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. Thank you!