- Create a Leaf for the Duveneck Gratitude Tree! What Are You Thankful For? We’ve created a Gratitude Tree at the front entrance of school. We invite all students, parents, and family members to print out the leaf template below, decorate it with a word or phrase of what you are most grateful for, and place it on the tree. We’ll keep it up until this Friday, November 19th. Please join in this quick and rewarding community art project! Leaf Template for Gratitude Tree.
- Thanksgiving Break is Coming Up: No School Nov. 22-26 Wishing everyone a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving break! Enews will be on break as well: Stay tuned for our next edition on Sunday, December 5th.
- Save the Date: Talking to Your Children About Race, Mon., Dec. 6 at 7 pm More details to come after Thanksgiving break. We look forward to seeing you on Monday, December 6th at 7pm on Zoom!
- Thanks for Coming to the Principal’s Coffee In case you missed it, you can view it here: Duveneck Principal’s Coffee Nov. 9, 2021.
- Calling Parent Volunteers! We need your help on campus! Please consider volunteering for Yard Duty, Noon Activities or Yearbook Committee.
- No School Thursday; Yes School Friday All PAUSD schools will be closed this Thursday, November 11th, in honor of Veteran’s Day. However school will be back in session on Friday, November 12th. Have a lovely day off!
- Everyone is Invited: Principal’s Coffee Tues., Nov. 9 at 8:30 am Even if you don’t have questions, feel free to just stop by to say hi and listen in! Join us on Zoom
- Continuing the Conversation about Equity and Race 1) Book Club: Please email Kwanza Price at email@example.com if you would like to join. 2) Anti-bias, Antiracist (ABAR) Committee: If you are interested in joining, please contact Linda Henigin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Campaign Countdown: The PiE Challenge Grant Continues If you have already given or pledged, thank you so much! Every dollar makes a difference. Donate or pledge today, and double your impact.
Last week was the first time we had Covid Clinic performing Covid-19 testing on campus, and we encountered issues which meant that most students did not get tested by them (and got tested by Predicine instead, who was on site to help smooth the transition).
The problem was that the instructions sent to parents were incomplete. Please read the following instructions carefully to have your children tested by Covid Clinic:
- Register with Covid Clinic. Instructions are here. This only has to be done once.
- Tell the school you want your child to be brought to testing. The form to do that is here. This either has to be done weekly (on weeks you want testing to happen), or once (if you request testing every week).
- Schedule a test. Instructions are below. This has to be done every week, for each child you want tested. (This is the step which was not communicated to you last week.)
Registering your child (both with the school and Covid Clinic) must be complete by 8 am on Tuesday to have your child tested that day.
How to Schedule a Test for Your Child
- Visit https://school.covidclinic.org/. Click returning users, enter your email and click Request a temporary passcode.
- Once you have received your temporary passcode via email, return to this page and sign in.
- Do not click the Place Order button. Scroll down to the Dependents section. Select which child you would like tested, and click Place order for selected dependent.
- Mark any symptoms (if applicable), then click Save and Close.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 for each child you would like to have tested.
- To verify that your test orders were placed, go to the menu in the top-left corner and choose Orders history.
We are in need of some parents to help with Yard Duty, Covid Testing, and our Yearbook Committee! This is a wonderful way to support our school and provide lasting memories for our students. Brief descriptions of duties are below. Important note–All parent volunteers must submit proof of full vaccination in order to be present on campus: Proof of Vaccination Submission.
The school needs several parents to help supervise our kids during lunchtime and recess. The focus will be to ensure our children stay safe and support positive play during this unstructured time. While this is a great opportunity to be on campus, please note there are some specific requirements in order to volunteer:
- Consistent day and time commitment for lunch and afternoon recess duty each week for the rest of the school year.
- Volunteers will be trained in the specific areas and games they will be monitoring when out on the yard supervising student play.
- To ensure objectivity, staff will be asking parents to supervise areas that are different from where their own children play.
- Vaccination: Parents must be vaccinated in order to be on campus.
If you are interested, please fill out this form: Parent Volunteers for Recess and Lunch Duty @ Duveneck Elementary School.
November/December Covid Testing: Tuesdays 8:15 am-12 noon
- Tuesday morning from 8:15 am to 12:00 noon
- Two parents every Tuesday
- Parents will escort students to and from their classrooms and the MP room for testing
- Reminder: All parents who are on campus must submit proof of vaccination
Please sign up here: Covid Testing Volunteers.
We are looking for four to five parents to help with putting together this year’s yearbook. The Yearbook Committee works throughout the school year to take/gather photos of students, design/assemble the yearbook, as well as organize yearbook purchase and distribution. If you are interested or have questions please email us at email@example.com.
- Picture Retake Day is this Friday, November 5 The school photographer will be taking individual retake photos for students who missed the original picture day or were not satisfied with their pictures. You can order pictures online by visiting dorianstudio.com and searching for Duveneck. Your online order can be placed before and up to four (4) days after picture day.
- New Covid Testing Procedures Starting November 1st, all schools in PAUSD will be using a new clinic for Covid testing. Please see Principal Crane’s message for full details and actions needed: New Covid Testing Information.
- Thanks for Coming to the Principal’s Coffee Many thanks to parents for attending last week’s coffee meeting with Principal Crane via Zoom. And thanks to Principal Crane for hosting! In case you missed it, you can view it here.
- Equity and Race Parent Education Night Thanks and More to Come! We had a tremendous number of families who attended in order to share, listen, and learn from one another as we continue to address issues around race and equity in our community. If you missed the discussion you can watch the recording here: https://youtu.be/F2YLmXF-lGA
- Thank You Doree and 5th Graders for a Very Happy Duveneck Halloween! Words cannot express enough thanks to our beloved librarian Doree for all she did to bring this year’s Haunted House to life in the library, and to our amazing 5th graders, for doing such an incredible job brainstorming, conceiving, creating, decorating, and acting to bring Dr. Booveneck’s Haunted Mansion to our students. We’d like to extend a very special thanks to the 5th grade parents who toiled after hours and behind the scenes to pull it all together: Jenny Dixon, Nina Bankar, Erin Doll, Tawni Escudero, Ted O’Hanlon, Peter Soparkar, Payv Kadivar, Chris Colohan, Anita Sumanth, Mika Hatoyama, Oindrila Ray, James Gregory, Karen Chow-Gregory, Sarah Tan, and Julie Tomasz. We appreciate you!